What I noticed after starting to blog

  Reading maketh a full man; conference a ready man; and writing an exact man” –Francis Bacon


 In summer 2022, I was on the lookout for ways to improve my testing skills. From LinkedIn, I found various testers talking about getting trained by Ajay Balamurugadas. I reached out to Ajay. After a meeting, he agreed to train me 😀. 


The training started, and I was making steady progress. Ajay questioned me after a few sessions if I had ever written a blog and urged me to do so right away. I wasn’t ready for it. Here is why... 


 Usually, Slack and email are the places where I write (or type 😜). Most of my responses would consist of no more than four words per sentence!!  My status reports and testing notes are the longest documents I produce. Naturally, I wasn't prepared, so when I heard about starting a blog, I found it amusing.


One fine day I sat and started, I was just typing and deleting.. Couldn’t move past the first sentence (or word :-) ).  It made me think of certain movies in which the performer would write and then delete.  So I skipped the first paragraph and went to the second one and just jotted down what I wanted to write about. To my surprise the content just started pouring..


Here’s my first blog


What matters is, I noticed, the following week at work, I saw that my slack chat comments were a few paragraphs long and that I had no trouble expressing my ideas and views.


I’ve taken another step in my journey..



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

API Testing journey

My first time attending a software launch party