My first time attending a software launch party

  Postman celebrated the introduction of Postman Flows this week in San Francisco, on August 16th 2023. Following the release of Postman Flows a few months ago, Beth Marshall posted a YouTube video explaining how testers might use it for API testing procedures. 

 Ever since I started my API testing journey, I've been watching for Postman's announcements, challenges, You Tube Live sessions, and demonstrations. So I made the decision to go to this event as well. 

  When I arrived , Postman Flow was being used to welcome every registered guest. My name flashed on the welcome board when I clicked Run on their flow they had created after signing in (I forgot to take a picture of it).

Greetings flow

Two customers demonstrated how they are utilizing Flows to address issues and open up new possibilities. One of them includes a flow designed specifically for integration testing. 

 I was able to use Flows to design my very own, uniquely branded Postman YETI and select the swag I wanted (API-First World, a long-time desire) with a robotic arm. I'll be investigating and learning how to use Flows for my testing in the upcoming weeks.



 Later, Postman's CEO and founder, Abhinav Asthana, gave a talk about the history of the idea for Flows and thanked the product team. 

 I was anxious because it was my first time going to an event with so many people. I spoke with a few people, but we didn't exchange numbers. I wanted to at least say hello to the CEO. I could have at least gotten his autograph on the book :-). 

 

To learn more about Postman Flows:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

API Testing journey